Pontolungo – 2017
€14,00 – €75,00
Montecucco Rosso d.o.c.
Year of Harvest 2017
Organic Wine – Certified by ICEA
A soft, round and pleasing wine made from a blend of Sangiovese, Cabernet S., Colorino (Alicante B.) and Merlot grapes, these last three all grown on the north facing side of Poggio Trevvalle, on clayey soil. Well-structured and full-bodied, with aromas of blackberries and blackcurrants along with balsamic notes that lead into a long, ripe and spicy finish. Perfect accompanying red meats, game and rich pasta dishes.
Colorino & Merlot
- Date of harvest: Merlot on August 27nd, Colorino & Sangiovese starting from September 3rd, Cabernet on September 29th
- Alcoholic fermentation /Maceration: in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks, no added sulphites: Merlot at 25° for 15 days, Sangiovese and Cabernet S. co-fermented at 25°/28° for 24 days
- Malolactic fermentation: in concrete vats
- Refining: in new and used Allier oak barrels of varying dimensions for 12 months, then racked in concrete vats until the bottling
- Alcohol: 14%
- Total SO2: 58 mg/L
- Free SO2: 22 mg/L
- Total acidity: 5,6 g/L
- Volatile acidity: 0,56 g/L